High Pressure Nanoscience and Physical Chemistry Group
We study structures, structure changes, physical chemical properties and/or behaviors of both bulk and nano materials at different conditions, including high temperature and/or high pressure. We aim at gaining fundamental knowledge of the systems under study and exploit the obtained knowledge for potential new applications. To conduct our challenging research, we make use of both conventional laboratory instruments and state-of-the-art synchrotron facilities, as well as large-scale molecular simulations.
Our research interests include:
● Syntheses of advanced bulk/nano materials at ambient and/or compressed conditions;
● Structure determination and phase changes in bulk/nano materials under compression and/or heating;
● Effects of pressure on mechanical, electrical, electronic and optical properties of bulk, thin film and/or nano-semiconductor materials;
● Non-classical nucleation and growth of nanoparticles at ambient and/or high TP conditions;
● Thermodynamics and kinetics of bulk/nano materials at high pressure;
● Nanoparticle – environment interactions at ambient/high pressure conditions;
● Molecular modeling and prediction of bulk/nano materials under compression.